How to Move a Website to InMotion Hosting Shared Server
If your website is on a shared hosting provider using cPanel then it actually very easy to move your site to a new shared hosting provider that is also using cPanel. Follow these six steps:
- Assessment - review your website before you move it so that you include everything you want to move and remove anything that you don't want to transfer.
- Complete cPanel Backup - create a complete backup using the tools that come with cPanel. The complete backup is what's used in the transfer.
- Provide access to the backup file - to transfer to InMotion you will need to give access to the backup file or provide the actual file itself.
- Restore complete baackup - InMotion Hosting will restore the backup to an shared server.
- Transfer the domain - make sure that the domain name has been transferred or the name servers are pointing to the InMotion Hosting server.
- Test your site - once the transfer is completed, check all the functionality of your website to make sure that the transfer worked with no problem.
Was this article helpful?
Here are a few questions related to this article that our customers have asked:
Ooops! It looks like there are no questions about this page.
Would you like to ask a question about this page? If so, click the button below!
You are NOT logged in. You can still browse our Support Center.
To participate within our Community Support Forum: