Block Ports in ConfigServer Security & Firewall (CSF)
There are many security practices for your private cloud hosting. VPS users looking for enhanced security can upgrade Advanced Policy Firewall (APF) to ConfigServer Security & Firewall (CSF). Below we cover how to block VPS ports using CSF.
Temporarily Block Access to a Port
- Under csf - ConfigServer Firewall, specify the IP address, port(s), and number of seconds, minutes, hours, or days.
- Press Temporary Allow/Deny.
Specify Open & Closed Ports
- Under csf - ConfigServer Firewall, select Firewall Configuration.
- Add or remove ports listed in the following sections:
IPv4 Port Settings - TCP_IN, TCP_OUT, UDP_IN, UDP_OUT
IPv6 Port Settings - TCP6_IN, TCP6_OUT, UDP_IN, UDP_OUT
- Press Change at the bottom, then Restart csf+lfd. Press Return at the bottom.