After you install WooCommerce, you’ll need to know the features available to make the most of your first products. Below we cover some important capabilities regarding how to setup WooCommerce products.
Note: Log into WordPress to follow the steps below.Create Products Import Products Export Products Product Variations Linked Products Product Handling
Create products by clicking Products and Add New on the left of your dashboard. Learn more about the process in our in-depth article on adding a product in WooCommerce.
Import Products from a CSV File
- On your dashboard, click Products.
- Click Import at the top or if you have no products yet, Import products from a CSV file.
- Click Browse and select your CSV File. Continue.
- Specify import settings and Run the importer.
- When complete, View products to check the results.
Export Products to a CSV File
- Click Products on the left.
- Click Export at the top.
- Specify what to export and Generate CSV. Save the file.
Cross/Up-Selling Linked Products
Cross-sells are products you promote usually as complimentary in function, theme, or style to the current product.
Up-sells are better or more expensive alternatives to the current product.
Items from both categories can show when viewing that product.
- On the left, click Products.
- Edit a product.
- Scroll down to the Product data box and click Linked Products on the left.
- Add Upsells and Cross-sells. Update when done.
Learn more capabilities and best practices for e-commerce web design in our WooCommerce education channel.