At some point, you may need to make changes to a WooCommerce order. For example, you may need to change the shipping address of a customer’s order. As an administrator, you do have the ability to make edits to a WooCommerce order. You can also add or delete orders. The WooCommerce options are extensive, so this article focuses on listing all of the options that you have to modify an existing order. Here is a list of all the changes that you can make to an order in WooCommerce:
- Edit the billing or shipping information
- Edit the person associated with the order
- Change the date/time associated with the order
- Change the status of the order
- Email invoice details to the customer
- Resend a new order notification
- Regenerate download permissions for a downloadable product
- Print a shipping label
- Add private notes or notes to the customer on the order
- Add custom fields for an order
- Apply a coupon to an order
- Refund the payment for an order
- Add an item to an order
Follow the steps below in order to get to the WooCommerce Order interface where you can see and edit an order.
- Log in to your WordPress Administrator
- Click on WooCommerce (or over the menu item)
- Click on Orders
- At this point, you will see a list of orders (if you have any). Under the column labeled Order, click on the order that you wish to edit. This will bring you to the details for that order.
- After you have completed making your changes, click on update in the top right corner of the Order details page
Congratulations! You now know the types of changes that you can make to a WooCommerce order and how to make those changes.