Navicat for MySQL 10.1.8
Download and Install Navicat
You can download navicat at the following url. This version is a Trial version. Navicat is not free they do require a payment to get the Trial removed from your installation.
Once you get the Executable for the program saved to your computer. Click the Installer icon to install Navicat.
Add your IP to Remote MySQL
You can do this by Logging into your cPanel click the Remote MySQL icon in the Databases section.
For more detailed information on how to do this please see our article on Setting up a Remote MySQL connection in cPanel.
Steps to connect to your database with Navicat
- Open Navicat.
- Click the Connection button at the top right of Navicat.
- Enter your Database Connection credentials.
Connection name: Name this whatever you want
Host Name/IP Address: Use your Domain name or Your cPanel IP address
User Name: Your cPanel user or database user that was created
Password: he cPanel or created user password
Click Test Connection.
- You should get a Connection Successfulpop up.
If not you will need to check the IP in Remote MySQL or check your username and password you are using. You also may need to use the IP and not your domain.
- Click Ok again to accept the Connection Settings.
- Your Database connection will show in the left pane listing the names of the database. Click one of the databases to look at the tables.