There are many WordPress web design techniques to improve search engine optimization (SEO) – e.g. popular keywords, plugins (notably Yoast or All in One SEO), and schemas. Schema.org schemas provide a small box of important info along with search engine results for a brand, person, domain name, and more.
The screenshot to the right is from searching “InMotion Hosting” in Google to illustrate advantages to having certain info easily available.
Note: Learn more about how to create a musician’s website.Create Schema Insert Schema
Create a Schema
- Go to the Schema App online tool.
- Choose the “Person” schema type. Companies should choose “organization”.
- Complete all important fields. Then click Test Markup.
- If the Google Structured Data Testing Tool shows no errors, Copy to Clipboard.
- Install and activate the “Insert Headers and Footers” plugin.
- On the left, click Settings, then Insert Headers and Footers.
- Copy the schema code to the Header text field.
- Click Save.
- Test your schema with the Google Structured Data Testing Tool.