Setting up Google Authorship for Articles you Submit
In this tutorial:
Since we now allow guest writers to submit articles to our support center, authors may be interested in linking to it in the Contributor To section of their Google+ profile. Google may also provide a snippet of the author's image in the search results. In this tutorial we will show you how to setup Google Authorship for articles that you have submitted to our support center; which allows it to be listed in the Contributor To section of your Google+ profile. This is a two step process.
Step 1: Setup your Profile
- Login to the Support center with your social media (either Facebook, or Google+), here is the login page: http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/login
- On the next page, you will have to create a username. Fill in the field, and click the Log In button.
- You will then be logged in, click the Edit profile link.
You will then be on the Edit your profile page.
- In the Google+ URL field, enter the link to your Google+ profile. Click the Update Profile button, to save your changes.
You will then see a message stating "Profile updated!," when it is saved.
Step 2: Link to your Article
- Log into your Google+ account.
- Go to your About page.
- Scroll down to the Links section, and click the Edit button.
- In the Contributor to section, click Add custom link.
- Enter a name for the link, and put the link to your User Submitted article. You can view the latest ones here: http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/u. Click the Save button when you are finished.
You will now see your link listed in the Contributor to section of your Google+ profile. Clicking the link will take you to your article.
Congratulations, now you know how to setup Google Authorship, so you can link to your User Submitted article you wrote in your Contributor to section of Google+!