This tutorial will quickly explain how to install Zend OpCache on your dedicated server. This guide requires you to be logged into your server with the root user, and the PHP version to be 5.5 or newer.
- Log into your server as the root user.
- Run the EasyApache script./scripts/easyapache
- If you are not installing Mod RUID2 or changing Apache versions select Customize Profile.
- Select Next Step on the Apache section.
- Select Next Step on the PHP section.
- Select Exhaustive Options List when you get to the modules section.
- Scroll down below PHP 5.x continued to find Opcache. Hit your spacebar to select the module and you should see and X in the brackets. After you do this choose Next Step.
- Select Save and Build.
- You will need to confirm what you are doing by selecting Yes to rebuild apache.
- Another prompt will show up asking you to acknowledge you understand the changes being made to the server, you will need to select I Understand before the program will continue.
- Run the following red command to confirm Opcache has been installed.
- Edit your php.ini file to add the following line at the bottom.
Now your PHP scripts will get cached so they can be provided to visitors during the intial page loading. This caching engine can increase your page load speed to to 75% faster.