With InMotion Central you can quickly see any out-of-date items within your project at a glance. This can save time when you are managing multiple WordPress websites since you don’t have to login to the individual Dashboard of each site.
If updates are available you can follow the link to login automatically and update with just a single click. In this guide, we’ll show you how to update WordPress with InMotion Central.
Updating WordPress With InMotion Central
- Login to InMotion Central.
- Roll your mouse over the project you want to update and click The Bridge button.
- You may have to click Environments to select the one you want to update if you have multiple environments.
- You should automatically be on the main project page, but if not, you can click The Bridge link in the menu.
- Scroll down to the Updates section and you will see any out-of-date items listed, which can include WordPress core, Plugins, or Themes (if no updates are available it will display a message stating “Everything is up to date The latest and greatest is up and running!”). Click the Update In WordPress link. You will then be logged in to the Updates section of your WordPress Dashboard.
- You will see the following message listed “An updated version of WordPress is available” and it will say what version you are from and to. Click the button labeled Update to versions X.X.X, in this example it was version 6.0.1. The upgrade will then be performed and you should be on a “What’s New” page when it completes.