With Website Creator, you can create a website quickly and easily. Building your website is one piece of the puzzle though. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is another critical segment that you should take into account while you make your own website. This article describes how to use the BoldGrid Easy SEO plugin, included with Website Creator, to improve your website’s SEO.
An Introduction to SEO
SEO is the method of enhancing your website’s visibility to increase the quantity and quality of organic website traffic from the results displayed to a user making a search query. Search engines (e.g., Google, Bing, and DuckDuckGo) systematically review websites and analyze the content within to determine the best search results to match what the user is seeking. If you want your beautifully crafted website to display as an option, then your SEO game needs to be on point.
To learn more about SEO basics check out our article: Search Engine Optimization Getting Started Guide.
Website Creator SEO Plugin
It is important to keep SEO in mind while you build your website. This ensures that your content displays more often in search engine results. Website Creator comes with BoldGrid Easy SEO installed to help you create more compelling content. Ultimately increasing your website’s visibility and rank in search engine results.
BoldGrid Easy SEO analyzes your page content in real-time and makes recommendations that will help you maintain the best SEO practices. Once you establish a target keyword or phrase, the BoldGrid Easy SEO dashboard automatically displays suggestions for you to improve your on-page SEO. Regardless of your SEO skill level or knowledge, BoldGrid Easy SEO provides simple, yet powerful tools for improving your content as you create it.
How to Use BoldGrid Easy SEO
BoldGrid Easy SEO uses a red, yellow, and green rating system. Green indicates that your content aligns with some popular SEO Best Practices; while yellow and red imply SEO improvement opportunities. Follow the steps below to learn how to use BoldGrid Easy SEO interface.
- Log into your Website Creator account.
- Navigate to the Page/Post Builder and select the content you would like to edit.
- Scroll down to the bottom of your content.NOTE: If you do not see the BoldGrid Easy SEO section below your content in the Post and Page Builder, you will need to adjust your screen options settings. The Easy SEO checkbox should contain a check.
- On the Keyword Phrase tab, enter your desired keyword or phrase into the field labeled Target Keyword or Phrase.NOTICE: If you enter a single keyword, the color indicator will change from red to yellow and provide more insight on how to improve SEO. As suggested, if you enter a phrase, then the indicator will turn green.
- Click on the Title & Description tab.
- Enter a title for your content in the SEO Title field. If you need help, refer to the text above this field. It will guide you in choosing a title that aligns with SEO best practices.
- Enter a more detailed description of your content in the SEO Description field. Again, follow the guidelines that the BoldGrid Easy SEO tool provides. This ensures your content encompasses fundamental SEO tactics.
- Click the Publish or Update button to save the changes.
Congratulations! Now you know how to use the BoldGrid Easy SEO plugin, included with your Website Creator account. Take your SEO skills to the next level and learn more from our other SEO articles.