Getting started as a WebPro Admin
So, you've confirmed that you are a WebPro and you have subscribed as a WebPro admin with the InMotion Hosting Customer Service team. What are your next steps? What do you need to know to get started? We will walk you through what you're expected to see and the options that you have with an active WebPro Admin account.
Getting Started as a WebPro Admin
- In order to use the WebPro interface, you will first need to log into your Account Management Panel (AMP).
- After you're logged in, you will see the standard AMP interface, but with the added icon labeled WebPro. Before you can start linking accounts to your Admin account, you will need to know the primary domain name, the email address of the owner or the If you are planning to manage multiple accounts that you do not already own you will need the AMP ID/email/primary domain to link the account. You will see this in the steps below. Click on the WebPro icon.
- You will see the WebPro Dashboard. Each linked account will have an entry titled with the domain name. Each entry will have links that allow you to quickly enter management sections of the account without having to login. These links are the single sign-on links. You also have a search option that is helpful should you have many accounts. Click on the link the top left corner labeled Add client account.
- You will see a pop-up window appear that asks you to enter the AMP ID, email or primary domain name that you are trying to link to. This will send a link request to the owner of that account. The WebPro link request is also recorded on the account of the primary domain owner. Once a response is received, InMotion processes the request, then links the account so that the WebPro can see the account. Accounts are listed as linked or pending in the WebPro Dashboard. Click on the Cancel button to return to the WebPro Dashboard.
- In the top right-hand corner of the WebPro Dashboard is a link titled Manage WebPro Account. Click on this link. Here you will be able to add the name of the WebPro, business name, email address, phone number and home page URL. You can also designate the WebPro Dashboard to appear as the standard page that you see when you login to the Account Management Panel (AMP). And at the bottom of the pop-up window you will see the option to delete your WebPro account. Click on Cancel to return to the WebPro Dashboard.
- The last section of the WebPro Administrator Dashboard that we want to introduce you to is the option that you see in each linked account- the option to Hide a linked account. If you hide an account, the account can only be seen by going to the bottom of the WebPro dashboard and clicking on the link labeled Show Hidden Accounts. You can unhide the accounts in that section. This options is used to help you in the event that you have many accounts and you only need to focus on several accounts.
The main advantages of the WebPro dashboard are its simplified interface and quick access to accounts using Single Sign-on links. It helps you, the WebPro, to focus on the accounts that you are working on without the hassle of multiple user name and password credentials for direct access to those accounts. To learn more about the WebPro interface, check out
You are NOT logged in. You can still browse our Support Center.
To participate within our Community Support Forum: