How to Create a New cPanel in your Reseller WHM
One of the first things you will need to do for a new client is to give them their own hosting space. This is done by creating a cPanel account. As a reseller, you will have the ability to do this from within your Web Host Manager (WHM). Follow along below as we demonstrate how to create a new cPanel account within your WHM dashboard.
Creating a cPanel Account in WHM
- Log into your WHM admin dashboard.
- Click on Account Functions and then Create a New Account.
- Enter your domain information:
Domain The primary domain name for the cPanel account. Username Username for logging into the cPanel. Password Password for logging into the cPanel. Email address to receive cPanel account notifications.
- Select desired package from the dropdown. Our Reseller Hosting accounts include three Pre-Configured Packages you can choose from.
- Select your default theme and locale.
cPanel theme Layout and design of the cPanel dashboard. Locale Default language for the cPanel.
- Set your DNS Settings. For more information, see our article on SPF and DKIM settings.
- Set the Mail Routing Settings.
Automatically Detect Configuration cPanel looks to the MX records to determine whether to send mail locally or remotely. Local Mail Exchanger Use when mail is expected to always come to the local server. Backup Mail Exchanger cPanel will use the local server if remote mail attempts fail. Remote Mail Exchanger Use when mail is expected to be sent elsewhere (third party email).
- Click on the Create button.
You can log into each cPanel account with the username and password you created. Likewise, you can log into cPanel accounts through your Reseller WHM.