How to Set Security Questions in WHM
If you are trying to log into WHM from a new location, you may be asked security questions to verify your identity. This provides an extra layer of security and can help keep your Dedicated Hosting server secure. The security questions and answers can be setup in the WHM Security Center.
Setting Security Questions
- Log into WHM as the 'root' user.
- Type 'security' in the search field.
- Click the Security Questions link under Security Center.
- Click the Edit Questions and Answers button.
- You will then see 4 Question and Answer fields. Click the drop down box to choose a question or enter your own questions.
- Fill in the answers to the questions.
- Click the Continue button. You are finished when you see a message stating "Your security question answers are saved."
Congratulations, now you know how to setup security questions in WHM. Now anyone logging into WHM with an unknown IP address will be asked to verify their identity by answering these 4 security questions.