How to Log in to WHM on your Dedicated Server
In this tutorial:
Web Host Manager can be accessed in two ways; via AMP, or directly through your URL. In this tutorial we will cover both methods, and provide some information about your WHM password/username. We will also go over some basic troubleshooting steps.
What is my WHM Username and Password?
Accessing WHM from AMP
- Log into AMP.
- Under your account name, click the WHM button.
If your WHM password matches your AMP password, you will automatically be logged in. Otherwise, you will be redirected to the WHM login page.
Accessing WHM Directly
WHM operates over two different ports:
- 2086 (does not use SSL)
- 2087 (Uses SSL)
You can log into WHM using variations of your domain name, or hostname. Some of the options log you in over an SSL encrypted connection, and others don't. For security reasons, we recommend you always login over ssl. The following is a list of various URLs you can use to log into your WHM:
- https://elite###.inmotionhosting.com:2087 (SSL) - This URL should be entered as https://hostname.com:2087. As you're going over an SSL connection and your hostname uses a self signed certificate, you may receive an SSL warning. It is safe to accept the warning and continue.
- example.com/whm (non SSL)
- whm.example.com (non SSL)
If you are unable to connect to your WHM with example.com/whm or elite###.inmotionhosting.com:2087, your network may have a block on those ports. Port 80 is the standard internet port so you should have no problem connecting with the following:
- http://whm.example.com (Be sure to replace example.com with your actual domain name)
Support Center LoginOur Login page has moved, Click the button below to be taken to the login page.
Social Media Login
2017-11-19 6:42 pm
I currently hold a web hosting service with you and would like to obtian login detials so we can point our websiste to this address.
looking forward to your reply .
Regards Tom Mastroianni.
2017-11-20 11:10 am
Since this is just a public forum, please contact our Live Support team so they can provide account specific assistance.