If you’re an iPhone user you may not be aware of one of convenient options provided by the Safari internet browser provided with the phone software. It can help you save a webpage so that you can access it for immediate use. While this tutorial concentrates on using the shortcut for your webmail login page, you can definitely apply it to other pages you may want to keep handy on your iPhone. To clarify, your iPhone does already come with a mail client that can handle multiple accounts but it does require some configuration. The option we are explaining here uses one of the webmail clients that are available through your InMotion Hosting account.
Accessing your Webmail using your iPhone
- First, you will need to open your Safari internet browser on your phone.
- Next, go to your webmail login page. Typically, it is based on your domain name. The default format is domain_name.com/webmail. So, if your domain name is example.com, then the address you put into the browser should be example.com/webmail. This will bring you to login page which is secured (using https) by default.
- You don’t need to login yet, as we’re going to save this page. There is no way to save it so that you’re logged in already, and frankly, that would be considered insecure. You may not want anyone with access to your phone to also access your email account.
- At the bottom of the screen you will see a share option (the rectangle icon with the arrow pointing up). Tap on that symbol.
- You will then see your sharing options. On my phone I had to scroll to the right, so swipe left until you see the option labeled Add to Home Screen.
- Tap on Add to Home Screen. Here you can give the link a name, or leave the default name – Webmail login.
- Click on Add in the top right corner to save your link to the home page.
- Congratulations! You have saved a shortcut to your iPhone home screen so that you can easily access your webmail! You can now access your email using your iPhone using the Safari browser.