With the new version of Horde Groupware Webmail 5, there is a new feature called templates that allows you to speed up repetitive mailing tasks. In this guide I’ll cover setting up a template in order to send a pre-formatted message to a group of people.
Creating an email template in Horde
Email templates are a great way to store different common variations of messages on the server to help speed up your mailing tasks. Following the steps below you can see it’s really simple to setup and start using with the new version of Horde webmail.
- Login to webmail and select Horde
- Hover of the Gear icon, then Preferences, and click on Mail
- Click on Compose Templates
- Click on Create a new template
- Now fill out the email template including things like the users you want to always send it to, the Subject, if you want the message to be in HTML format, and then the actual body of your message.
Here you can see in my example above, I’ve setup a task template a boss might use to keep in touch with their employees.
Using an email template in Horde
Once you have created an email template, you can easily use that template following these steps below: