After entering your email settings in WP Mail SMTP it is good to check if it able to send emails. In this guide, we will show you how to send a test email from your WordPress site to verify it is working. Then, we will go over some common problems and solutions.
Sending a Test Email
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- Click Settings then WP Mail SMTP in the navigation menu.
- On the settings page click the Email Test link
- Enter the address you want to send the test to in the available field.
- Click the Send Email button.
Below are some common problems and solutions for issues sending email from your WordPress site.
Email did not arrive
If the test email is missing and does not arrive, you can check the email log for records of the email.
Could not authenticate your SMTP account
Since this error often indicates an issue with your username or password, we recommend checking your settings in the WP Mail SMTP plugin.