How to do a Whois lookup in WordPress using Wordfence
As we continue our series on the Wordfence plugin for WordPress, we will now show you how to do a WHOIS lookup in WordPress using the Wordfence plugin. The Whois record lets you view publicly displayed information about domains or IP addresses. This is helpful when trying to view details about the registrar, owner, nameservers, abuse contact address, etc.
How to do a WHOIS Lookup
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- In the navigation menu click Wordfence, then Tools.
- On the Wordfence Tools page click the Whois Lookup tab.
- On the Whois Lookup page, enter the domain you want to look up.
- Click the LOOK UP IP OR DOMAIN button.
Congratulations, now you know how to do a WHOIS lookup in WordPress using the Wordfence plugin! In the next guide, we will show you how to view a diagnostics report on your WordPress site using Wordfence.
‹Section 4: How to Filter Comment Spam in Wordfence
›Section 6: How to View a WordPress Diagnostics Report using Wordfence