How to Install WordFence Security in WordPress
In this first guide of our WordFence Security plugin series, we will show you how to install the WordFence Security plugin in WordPress. Wordfence is a free plugin you can use in your WordPress site to scan for hacked files and to monitor the access of visitors to your site. You do not need to enter an API key in the "API Key" field for the free version; however, not all the functions are available for free. This article series will explain the basic free functions of WordFence and how to use the Scanning, IP Blocking, Live Traffic view, and more.
Install WordFence Security
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- In the navigation menu, click Plugins then the Add New button.
- In the search field, type WordFence.
- You will see the WordFence Security plugin by Wordfence listed, click the Install Now button.
- Once it has been installed click the Activate button to enable it.
- You will then see a message stating "You have successfully installed Wordfence." Enter your email address in the available feed, choose if you want to subscribe to the WordFence Mailing list, agree to the WordFence terms then click the Continue button
- It will then ask you to enter your premium license. If you do not have one, click the No Thanks link to complete the installation.
Support Center LoginOur Login page has moved. Please click the button below to be redirected to the login page.
2018-12-06 4:02 am
Most likely, the plugin has been updated and is more efficient now as compared to its earlier versions.