WordPress is a free open source content management system (CMS) used to create most websites today. WordPress was originally meant for blogs but expanded its capabilities as it gained popularity for its ease of use.
If you have recently purchased one of our WordPress hosting plans, then welcome! These guides will help get you started, guiding you through this powerful, robust platform.
WordPress – Recommended Plugins
There are literally thousands of WordPress plugins. Here are a few of the ones that we recommend:
- weForms – Learn how to use the forms plugin within WordPress/BoldGrid
- Jetpack- a multi-faceted plugin that provides many different functions
- WooCommerce – a powerful eCommerce plugin for WordPress
- NGINX Helper – Support for using NGINX with WordPress
- Loginizer – a WordPress security plugin which helps you fight against bruteforce attacks.
- WP Super Cache – a caching plugin for WordPress
Basic WordPress – 100
Gutenberg – The New WordPress Editor
WordPress has created a new editor that has been integrated into all WordPress installations. Here are a few basic articles on using and getting to know Gutenberg.
- How to Install your First Inspiration
- How to Evaluate BoldGrid Inspirations
- Free Templates Built by BoldGrid for WordPress Hosting
Page and Post Builder Articles
Latest WordPress Tutorials and Articles
- Swift Control Plugin — Easy WordPress Editing For The Beginner
- How to Export Your WordPress Sites
- Prevent Brute-Force WordPress Logins with WP fail2ban
- Ways to Contact WordPress Developers
- An In-Depth Look at wp-config.php
- What To Do After Your Website Launches
- Adding Facebook Messenger to WordPress with the Customer Chat Plugin
- Mautic Plugin for WordPress 101
- How to Send a Test Email using WP Mail SMTP
- Maintaining Your WordPress Site
- HTTP Headers WordPress Plugin – Referrer-Policy
- Choose the Style of Your WordPress Homepage
- HTTP Headers WordPress Plugin – Feature Policy
- 8 Essential Types of WordPress Plugins
- Disabling WordPress Plugins in Bulk