Reset WordPress User Password Using WP-CLI
WP-CLI (WordPress Command Line Interface) is a WordPress function enabled for WordPress Hosting at InMotion. There are multiple ways to reset your WordPress password, including via Softaculous. Here we'll cover how to reset a WordPress user password using WP-CLI.
Reset the User Password
- SSH into your server and the cPanel user which owns the website using the correct steps for your hosting plan - shared or VPS/Dedicated.
- Use the cd command to enter the domain's document root, e.g. cd public_html
NOTE: Be sure to replace public_html/my_website with the actual path to the document root directory of your website.
- Ensure you're in the correct WordPress installation with the following command:
wp option get home && wp option get siteurl
- To list all users within that website, type the following command:
wp user list
Below is an example of the expected output.
- Use the following command to reset the WordPress user password replacing USER with the appropriate user-login and NewStrongPassword with a strong password:
wp user update USER --user_pass=NewStrongPassword
Congratulations on resetting your WordPress user password from the command line. Learn more about WP-CLI at our WP-CLI Education Channel.
›Section 2: How do I install Google Analytics to WordPress using a plugin?