By now, you should have found a theme to use on your OpenCart site. If you have not yet found a theme, please read our article on finding an OpenCart Theme. Once you have downloaded the theme, you can begin to install it.
Not all themes can be installed using the same steps. This is the most common method of installing a new theme. However, most themes have a read_me.txt or install.txt file with installation instructions in it. Please read your themes installation instructions before attempting to install a new theme.
In this article, we cover the basics on installing an OpenCart 1.5 theme.
How to Install an OpenCart Theme
- Make sure you have downloaded the Zip file containing the theme to your local computer.
- Extract the theme.
- Login to your OpenCart website using FTP. Please read our article if you need help using FTP.
- Upload the catalog and images folders to the root of your OpenCart installation.
- Once the upload is finished, log into your OpenCart Dashboard and go to System > Settings
- Choose your website from the list, check the box next to it, and select Edit
- Go to the Store Tab and choose the template you just uploaded from the drop down menu under the template section.
- Click Save.
Congratulations! You have successfully changed the theme of your OpenCart shopping cart.
If you need further assistance please feel free to contact support department.