As we continue our series on the UpdraftPlus, we will now show you how to download a WordPress backup. UpdraftPlus allows you to download backed up Databases, Plugins, Themes, Uploads, and Other files. You can then safely store them on your local computer, CD/DVD, or USB drive.
How to Download WordPress Backup
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- In the navigation menu click Settings then UpdraftPlus Backups.
- Scroll down to the Existing Backups section to view available backups.
- You will then see your backups listed, click the one that you want to download. Options are Database, Plugins, Themes, Uploads, and Others. In this example, I am download a backup of the Database.
- You will then see the date the backup was taken. Click the Download to your computer button to download the backup.
Congratulations, now you know how to download a WordPress backup! In the next guide, we will show you how to delete a WordPress backup with the UpdraftPlus plugin.