In this tutorial, we will show you how to install the BoldGrid plugin suite for WordPress. You can then begin building your BoldGrid website. Note that this tutorial is for those looking to install BoldGrid on an existing WordPress installation. If you have not already done so, install WordPress to your desired domain.
Manually Installing BoldGrid
- Download the BoldGrid plugin and login to the WordPress Dashboard.
- Roll your mouse over the Plugins link, and click Add New.
- Click the Upload Plugin button.
- Click the Choose File button on the Add Plugins page, choose and open the BoldGrid plugin, then click the Install Now button.
- When you see a “Plugin installed successfully” message, click the Activate Plugin button.
- You will then be on the Plugins page. Enter your 32 digit BoldGrid Connect Key in the BoldGrid API Check section, then click the Submit button.
- You will then see a message stating “The BoldGrid Inspirations plugin requires these other plugins for best results. Please click to install and activate.” Make sure the listed plugins are checked, then click the Install button.
- You are finished manually installing the BoldGrid plugin when you see an “Installation successful!” message. Click the Plugins link in the Dashboard, to see them listed.
Congratulations, now you know how to manually install BoldGrid. Install your first Inspiration to begin creating your BoldGrid site.