This article will guide you on how to remove the blog index page for WordPress so you can display only your custom static pages. WordPress is a very versatile program, allowing you to create different types of sites. Some want ecommerce, some want the basic blog, etc. Some, however, want to create a regular site with static pages and no blog posts, including the post index page that displays the recent posts.
Removing the blog posts page in WordPress
- Log into your WordPress admin panel.
- Look to the left hand sidebar menu and click the Settings option.
- From the expanded menu, click on the Reading option.
- You are brought to the Reading Settings page. From here, locate the Front page displays section and select the radio button for A static page (select below) .
- Next, select the page you want as your front page from the Front page: dropdown.
- Finally, set the Posts page: dropdown to –Select–. This effectively removes it from displaying on your site.
- Click on the Save Changes button to activate the new setup.
Are you interested in unleashing the power of WordPress? Our managed platform for WordPress is fine-tuned to deliver superior performance, security, and provide best-in-class hosting. Be sure to check out our WordPress optimized hosting plans.