WordPress is a free open source content management system (CMS) used to create most websites today. WordPress was originally meant for blogs but expanded it’s capabilities as it gained popularity for it’s ease of use.
If you have recently purchased one of our WordPress hosting plans, then welcome! These guides will help get you started, guiding you through this powerful, robust platform.
WordPress – Recommended Plugins
There are literally thousands of WordPress plugins. Here are a few of the ones that we recommend:
- WPForms – Learn how to use the forms plugin within WordPress/BoldGrid
- Jetpack- a multi-faceted plugin that provides many different functions
- WooCommerce – a powerful eCommerce plugin for WordPress
- NGINX Helper – Support for using NGINX with WordPress
- Loginizer – a WordPress security plugin which helps you fight against bruteforce attacks.
- WP Super Cache – a caching plugin for WordPress
Basic WordPress – 100
Basic WordPress – 200
- 201: Recommended WordPress Plugins
- 202: Migrating your Existing WordPress site to InMotion Hosting
- 203: WordPress MU/ Network
- 204: Customizing your WordPress Sidebar
- 205: WordPress security Plugins
- 206: Using WordPress for Showing Images
- 207: Photographers Guide to a Simple WordPress Site
- 208: Managing WordPress Installations
Gutenberg – The New WordPress Editor
WordPress has created a new editor that will be integrated into the WordPress installation in the near future. Hear are a few basic articles on using and getting know Gutenberg.
- How to Install your First Inspiration
- How to Evaluate BoldGrid Inspirations
- Free Templates Built by BoldGrid for WordPress Hosting
Page and Post Builder Articles
Ask questions and receive help from the community.
We record weekly video tutorials to help with web hosting questions. If you have a video in mind, let us know on our channel page.
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel.
- 10 Ways to Secure WordPress
- What is a WordPress Network (Multisite)?
- How to Migrate Your WordPress Site from DreamHost to InMotion
- How to Migrate a WordPress site from WP Engine
- How to Migrate from WordPress.com
- How to Migrate a WordPress site from BlueHost
- How to Migrate Followers from a WordPress.com Site
- 309: How to Disable WordPress Plugins
- How to Install & Setup Easy WP SMTP in WordPress
- WordPress Caching Rewrites
- Installing the ElasticPress plugin
- Editing your WordPress wp-config.php file
- Creating WordPress backups with WP Remote
- Updating WordPress plugins and themes with WP Remote
- Setting up WP Remote to remotely manage your WordPress site