How to update your WooCommerce Database
Are you seeing the following notice in your WordPress Dashboard? "We need to update your store database to the latest version." In this tutorial, we will show you how to run the WooCommerce updater to update your database. This step is only displayed periodically after an update to WordPress or WooCommerce. This ensures the database tables are correct so your WooCommerce website can continue to function.
Update WooCommerce Database
- Backup your WordPress website.
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- You will see a notice stating "WooCommerce data update – We need to update your store database to the latest version." Click the button titled Run the updater.
- A box will pop-up asking "It is strongly recommended that you backup your database before proceeding. Are you sure you wish to run the updater now?" Click the OK button.
- If you don't want to wait for it to run in the background, click the link titled "Taking a while? Click here to run it now."
Congratulations, now you know how to run the WooCommerce database updater! Now you can ensure your WooCommerce database remains compatible with your WordPress site.