As online shopping continues to grow in popularity within our digital-loving society, it’s only natural that the next frontier for small businesses is mobile applications that allow eCommerce.
Also known as m-commerce, mobile sales comprised over a quarter of total eCommerce in 2019. In addition, according to BI Intelligence, m-commerce will produce $284 billion of the U.S. eCommerce market in 2020. (source)
In order to ride the wave of m-commerce, optimizing your WooCommerce store for the mobile user experience has never been more important.
Luckily you can create a mobile app for your WooCommerce store easily and without code. Enter the Appmaker plugin. This software integrates seamlessly with your WordPress WooCommerce site and allows you to not only create a customized mobile app but also automatically updates the app per the changes you make on your website.
Of note, this a paid plugin/service with the lowest subscription starting at $10 a month. You can try the plugin with their 14-day free trial.
Continue reading to learn more about:
- Installing Appmaker
- Connecting your WooCommerce Store to Appmaker
- Creating Your Mobile App in Appmaker
Enjoy fast, secure hosting optimized for your WordPress site with our WordPress Hosting plans.
Getting started with Appmaker in your WordPress dashboard is easy. Simply follow the instructions below to install the plugin:
- Login to your WordPress dashboard.
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New.
- Search Appmaker.
- Then click Install > Activate for Appmaker WooCommerce. Of note, there is also an Appmaker plugin for non-eCommerce sites.
Connecting your WooCommerce Store to Appmaker
Once AppMaker has been installed, it’s time to connect your WooCommerce store to Appmaker.
- Navigate to WooCommerce > Appmaker App Settings.
- Click Create New App.
- The Appmaker dashboard will open in a new tab. Enter your website URL and click Next.
- You’ll then have the option of building the app yourself or booking a demo with their team. For this tutorial we chose I want to build my app myself.
- Register by entering the required information into the form or login using Google or Facebook.
- Once the account has been created, your WordPress dashboard tab will be redirected to the Appmaker dashboard. You should see your website URL. Enter a name for your app in the appropriate field then click Submit.
- Next, you’ll need to connect your store. Use the keys presented by Appmaker and enter them into the respective fields in your WooCommerce settings. You can get there by navigating to WooCommerce > Appmaker App Settings then clicking Connect Store With App.
- Enter the keys and then click Activate.
Creating Your Mobile App in Appmaker
Let’s begin the fun part, creating your app!
- On WooCommerce > Appmaker App Settings, click Go To App Dashboard.
- Your Appmaker dashboard will open in a new tab. Click on Customize App.
- Under Customize App, you can add, edit, and delete sections and blocks within pages, as well as create new pages. You can also edit your app menu by clicking Menu under In-App Pages. Once you’ve completed all of your changes, click Save.
- Navigate back to your AppMaker Dashboard and click Preview to review your newly created app. If you’re good to go, click Upload To Store to add it to the Apple App store and the Google Play store.
For more WooCommerce tips and tricks, check out our WooCommerce Education Channel!