How to make a VirtueMart 3 menu in Joomla
After installing VirtueMart 3 in Joomla, you may want to make a Menu item that takes visitors to your online store. This will help people navigate to specific pages within your VirtueMart 3 e-commerce website. We also have a guide on How to Make VirtueMart 3 your Front Page in Joomla.
Making a VirtueMart 3 menu in Joomla
- Login to the Joomla Admin Dashboard.
- Click Menus, roll your mouse over Main Menu, then click Add New Menu Item. See the steps outlined below.
- In the Menu Title field, enter a name for your VirtueMart menu. This will be the name of the link in your site menu.
- Next to Menu Item Type click the Select button.
- Click VirtueMart from the list.
- The menu will drop-down and list VirtueMart menu options. Choose the part of VirtueMart you want the menu to link to. In my tests I selected Front Page.
- Click the Save & Close button to create your VirtueMart 3 menu item. You will then see the new menu item listed in your Admin panel.
Congratulations, now you know how to make a VirtueMart 3 menu item in Joomla!
Support Center LoginOur Login page has moved, Click the button below to be taken to the login page.
2016-09-20 8:04 am
I have followed these steps but the shop front page does not display. The only display I get is when I tick the box that the store is down for maintenance, the text is displayed where I expect to see the shopfront :-( Any ideas Regards
2016-09-20 8:09 am
Without actually taking a look at it, its tough to troubleshoot. Do you have a link to it?
2016-09-26 12:57 am
Here's the link, sorry for the delay I was out the office for a few days :-)
I seemed to have solved this problem as I created a product category (I had no categories previously) and when I assigned the products to this category I got the products to display (in the test phase at the moment).
Do you believe this was the problem or am I just lucky ?