How to install a third party module in PrestaShop 1.5
Previously you learned how to install a module that was included in the Modules API. This next article in our Working With Modules course will demonstrate how to install a third party module. Third party modules are modules that are not included in the default PrestaShop 1.5 program. They are typically written by independent programmers and can be found in many places across the web. Many of them are free, and some of them are paid modules that need to be purchased. This article assumes you have located and downloaded a module to your local computer. The instructions below will guide you in the process of installing a third party module for PrestaShop 1.5.
Installing a third party module in PrestaShop 1.5
- Log into your PrestaShop 1.5 dashboard.
- Using the top menu bar, hover over the Modules tab and select the Modules option
- From here you will see the the normal list of the available modules for your store. To upload your third party module, look to the upper right corner of the screen and click on the Add New Module button. This will reveal a small section just underneath for the purpose of uploading your module.
- Using the Browse button, locate the module from your local computer. Once selected, click the Upload This Module button underneath the Module File field. This will upload the module to your PrestaShop Module API. Once you see the successful message, you know the module is added correctly.
- Continue the installation by scrolling down the modules list until you find the one you installed. We installed the Block Share On Facebook module. Once you find the module, click on the Install button located to the right side of the module row.
- Once the module runs its install program, you should see a message indicating it was completed.
You have now completed a third party module install. Please continue with our course and check out our next article on setting up automatic module updates.
Support Center LoginOur Login page has moved, Click the button below to be taken to the login page.
2014-03-07 9:54 am
To install a third party module, you will need to first download the module from the creator. After that, you may follow step 3 in this article to install it.
2014-11-12 7:43 pm
YOUR INSTRUCTIONS DO NOT WORK!You can actually do your job and assist me by responding to my skatey-eight phone messages and emails!
2014-11-12 8:04 pm
I'm sorry that you're having problems with installing a third party module. I reviewed the instructions as well as your account. First, the installation of a third party module involves:
1) Uploading the installation file to the server (the interface asks you to CHOOSE the file)
2)Once you have selected the file from your computer, you would then have to click on UPLOAD MODULE
3)After you have uploaded the module, you would then need to find the module in the list of the modules and then select the installation option that appears.
If you're not able to load the module with these steps, then you need to read the third party documentation for the installation of the module. We do not have access to install the module for you, unless you give us explicit access to do so. These instructions are the same in PrestaShop 1.5 and PrestaShop 1.6.
If you are seeing a problem with following these directions and you are unable to find documentation from the third party developer of the module you want to use, then you need to provide us more information in order for us to help you. We need to know what module you're trying to install and describe the exact steps you're taking when you try to install it.
I reviewed your account. I'm sorry, but there is no record of any recent open support tickets or phone calls for the last few days. If you are having difficulty reaching the live support team, please let us know. Support calls and emails are normally documented, but there is no record of the numerous emails and calls that you have reported, unless you're referring to incidents that have occurred and been resolved several days ago.
Support from the Support Center website is done through these posts. We cannot call you. If you wish for telephone support, please contact our live technical support team - they are available 24/7.
In order for us to provide you with further assistance, please provide more information on the situation and we would happy to help.
2014-11-12 8:27 pm
Everthing else appears to work until I go to step #5. At that point, the button does not turn greeen and allow me to click "submit payment".
I chatted with Lance Z about and he agreed.
2014-11-13 8:47 am
This works for us on our test version with different modules. What specific 1.5 version are you using and what specific module are you trying to upload and install?
2014-03-07 5:03 am
I followed the instructions above, but cannot find the module from the list? I was told that it should be uploaded to the server first? But where do I do that?