304: How to enable Geolocation in PrestaShop 1.5
PrestaShop 1.5 allows the ability to enable Geolocation. This allows you to blacklist certain countries from having access to your store. After you have installed the geoloation database, you can then enable the feature. Enabling Geolocation in PrestaShop 1.5 is simple and user-friendly.
To enable Geolocation in PrestaShop 1.5:
- Log into your PrestaShop 1.5 admin dashboard
- Using the top menu bar, hover over the Preferences tab and select the Geolocation option.
- At the top of the page is an option labeled Geolocation by IP address.
- Select the Yes radio button to turn on the ability to blacklist countries by IP address.
- Click on the green Save button in the upper right corner.
You now have the ability to block countries by IP address in PrestaShop 1.5!
‹Section 39: 301: PrestaShop 1.5 - Error - Link to database cannot be established
›Section 41: 303: How to install the Geolocation database in PrestaShop 1.5
Support Center LoginOur Login page has moved, Click the button below to be taken to the login page.
2014-07-07 1:43 pm
Hi, el patron from PrestaShop forum.
One must be very careful when enabling native PS geo localizationi. When the IP can not be resolved, then they visitor will either not be able to shop but see catalog or not see catalog at all. Because the geolitecity.dat file has 85% good hit rate, this could in effect reduce sales by 15%.