Rearranging products and categories in osCommerce
After creating categories and products in your osCommerce, you will want to have them organized. You do not have to worry about the order or where they were originally created as you have the ability to transfer them around from within the admin area. Follow the instructions below to learn how to move categories and products in your osCommerce program.
Moving products and categories in your osCommerce admin panel
- Log into your osCommerce admin interface.
- Under the left hand menu find and click the Catalog button.
- From here, select the Categories/Products option.
- You are now on the Categories/Products page where you will see products and categories listed. Find the product or category you want to move and click on the name. This will highlight an arrow to the far right and you will see several buttons in the right hand panel. Click on the Move button. In our example, we are going to move the Dog collar product.
- The right hand panel changes to display a dropdown for you to select the destination category for the move. Highlight the destination in the dropdown and click on the Move button at the bottom. This will move your category or product to the desired location. Below is a before and after display showing the move for the Dog collar from no category to the Dogs category.
‹Section 4: Adding categories in OSCommerce Video
›Section 6: Modifying the sort order of categories and products in osCommerce
Support Center LoginOur Login page has moved, Click the button below to be taken to the login page.
Social Media Login
Adding products and content to osCommerce
Adding Products in osCommerce
|1.||How to Add a Product to osCommerce|
|2.||Adding products in OSCommerce Video|
Creating categories in osCommerce
|3.||How to add a new category in osCommerce|
|4.||Adding categories in OSCommerce Video|
|5.||Rearranging products and categories in osCommerce|
|6.||Modifying the sort order of categories and products in osCommerce|
|7.||Deleting categories and products in osCommerce|
|8.||How to add a subcategory in osCommerce|
Product options and attributes in osCommerce
|9.||Adding manufacturers in osCommerce|
|10.||How to Add a Product Attribute in osCommerce|
|11.||How to perform a bulk price change for all products in OSCommerce|
|12.||Adding product attributes in OSCommerce Video|
|13.||Creating specials in osCommerce Video|
2014-10-07 8:47 pm
If want alphabetical order in any languaje, just need to change Query order in boxes module:
$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id='" . (int)$languages_id ."' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '0' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id='" . (int)$languages_id ."' order by cd.categories_name, sort_order");
Invert that order in any categories queries and templates modules to. That do the trick !!