Changing your URL in MediaWiki
You must already have MediaWiki installed before attempting this guide.
How to Change your URL:
- Using the editor of your choice, navigate to the LocalSettings.php file in the folder you installed MediaWiki.
- Locate the line of code that begins with $wgServer. By default, it will look similar to this:
$wgServer = "http://example.com";
- Change the domain to your new URL, and save your settings. In my test I am using a shared SSL, it will look similar to this after:
$wgServer = "https://secure49.inmotionhosting.com";
- Next, in your LocalSettings.php locate the line beginning with $wgScriptPath, it may look similar to this by default:
$wgScriptPath = "/mediawiki";
- Enter the new folder location if it is changing. For example:
$wgScriptPath = "/~userna99/mediawiki";
- Save your changes, and test the website. You may have to clear your browser cache before seeing the changes.
Congratulations, now you know how to change your Mediawiki URL!
‹Section 7: Adding / Removing account access features in MediaWiki
You are NOT logged in. You can still browse our Support Center.
To participate within our Community Support Forum:
Getting Started with MediaWiki
|1.||Basic MediaWiki site overview|
|2.||Installing MediaWiki with Softaculous|
|3.||Installing MediaWiki manually|
Manage Users and login
|4.||How to log into MediaWiki|
|5.||Managing passwords and usernames in MediaWiki|
|6.||Managing User Accounts in MediaWiki|
|7.||Adding / Removing account access features in MediaWiki|
|8.||Changing your URL in MediaWiki|
2017-08-20 3:26 am
Thanks a lot for posting this helpful tidbit. It saved me a lot of time trying to figure out what to do when I change DNS names with MediaWiki!