Adding a Gift Message to Orders in Magento 1.6
In Magento 1.6, you have the ability to allow your customers to add a gift message to the order. This is a great feature especially if you expect to sell products or goods during the Holiday season. Enabling year around allows website visitors to add a gift message for any reason such as birthdays or anniversaries. Enabling the gift message functionality is done through the Magento 1.6 Admin Panel.
- Log into your Magento Admin Panel
- Go to System -> Configuration -> ADVANCED -> Advanced
- Make sure that the "Mage_GiftMessage" is enabled
- Click "Save Config"
- Go to System -> Configuration -> SALES -> Sales -> Gift Options
- Adjust the settings to "Yes" for each of the desired actions
If you need further assistance please feel free to ask a question on our support center.
Support Center LoginOur Login page has moved, Click the button below to be taken to the login page.
2014-10-29 11:22 am
Great tips! In addition to gift messaging it’s cool to let customers choose gift wrapping. I know it’s possible out of the box in Magento Enterprise but not in Community. For latter there are different extensions. I’m currently using Gift Wrap by Amasty.