How to hide the Article Author in Joomla 3.1
By default, the author of an article will be shown on the page in Joomla 3.0. You can disable this feature in Joomla 3.0 by toggling the Show Author setting. Joomla 3.0 gives the following description for this setting:
If set to Show, the Name of the article's Author will be displayed. This is a global setting but can be changed at the Category, Menu and Article levels.
This setting does not affect articles when they're viewed individually. Instead, the change only affects category pages that show collections of articles that belong to the category.
You can see in the screenshots below how the Show Author setting actually affects a page:
|Show Author: Hide||Show Author: Show|
To toggle the Show Author setting in Joomla 3.0
- Log into your Joomla 3.0 Administrative Dashboard
- In the top menu, click Content and then click Article Manager
- In the list of articles on the page, click the title of the article that you would like to adjust the Show Author setting for
- In the tabs above the article, click the Article Options tab
- Find the setting labeled Show Author. Next to it, choose either Use Global, Hide, or Show. Then, click the Save button in the top left of the page.
Joomla Community Google+ Hangout #3
June 3rd, 2014
Thank you @RustyJoomla for letting me speak on the Joomla Community Google+ Hangout!