How to install Unite Nivo Slider for Joomla 2.5
Joomla 2.5 has reached its end of life as for 12/31/2014. Please be advised this may be a security risk to your website. You can view more information about the end of life here.
Unite Nivo Slider is a free Joomla 2.5 Slideshow component that you can use to insert a photo slideshow in your Joomla 2.5 website. In this tutorial, we will show you how to download and install Unite Nivo Slider for Joomla 2.5.
In the next few tutorials, our final goal is to show a module on our Joomla 2.5 frontpage, so be sure to follow the link at the end of this tutorial to see the next article in the series.
Unite Nivo Slider Installation Steps:
- Visit this page and under Unite Nivo Slider (free version), click Download Component. This will begin to download the Unite Nivo Slider Component to your desktop.
- After downloading the component, click the Download Module button to download the Unite Nivo Slider Module as well.
- Log into your Joomla 2.5 Administrator section
- In the top menu, hover over Extensions and then click Extension Manager
- In the Upload Package File section, click browse and find the file you downloaded in step 1 above. In our example, the file was named com_unite_nivoslider1.0.4.zip. After you have selected the file, click the Upload & Install Button.
When the component has been successfully installed, you will receive the following message:
Installing Component was successful
- Again, click browse and this time find the file you downloaded in step 2. In our testing, the file was named mod_unite_nivoslider1.0.4.zip. After clicking Upload & Install, you should receive the following success message:
Installing Module was successful
Congratulations, you have successfully installed Unite Nivo Slider Component and Module for Joomla 2.5! Your next step is to create a slider, which can be thought of as the parent item that contains all of the images for a single slideshow.
Joomla Community Google+ Hangout #3
June 3rd, 2014
Thank you @RustyJoomla for letting me speak on the Joomla Community Google+ Hangout!