One of the first things you should do once you get started with Drupal 8 is install the Backup and Migrate module. After you create your first backup, you should schedule automatic backups just in case anything goes wrong (for example, the Archive_Tar vulnerability reported in December, 2019) or need to update Drupal core.
- Click Configuration at the top.
- Under Development, click Backup and Migrate.
- Click Schedules.
- Click Edit beside the default Daily Schedule.
- Check the Schedule enabled box.
- Change the Backup Source to Entire Site.
- Change the Backup Destination to your created destination.
- Change the Frequency to change every X amount of days or weeks.
- Specify the Number [of backups] to keep before the oldest is deleted.
- Click Save.
Get security and performance with our VPS Drupal Hosting.