How to disable the site name in a Drupal 7 theme
You may want to hide the site name that appears on your themes. This can be done via a global setting or by individual theme settings in the Drupal 7 admin dashboard. Removing the site name is very simple in Drupal 7 and can be done by following these instructions.
Disabling the site name in Drupal 7:
- Log into your Drupal 7 Admin panel.
- Using the top menu area, click on the Appearance option.
- This will bring up the themes page where it lists all themes installed within Drupal 7. Locate the Settings tab at the upper right corner of the screen and click it.
- This brings you to the main Appearance page. You will see Global Settings followed by the name of all enabled themes as a top menu bar. To set this setting for all themes, be sure you are set to Global Settings by clicking on the label. If you wish to turn off this setting for a particular theme, simply click on that theme's name in the menu.
- Next, find the Toggle display list, then locate the Site Name setting. Simply click the checkbox to disable it. There should no longer be a check in the box.
Note that not all themes support the global settings. If that is the case for your theme, simply choose the theme name at the top instead of Global Settings to go to the settings for that particular theme. Then you willl be able to turn off the logo for that theme.
- Click on the Save Configuration button at the bottom of the page to save the change. You can see below that the sitename will no longer appear on the page.
Now you have successfully disabled the site name in Drupal 7! You may now want to check out our article on deleting the site slogan.
‹Section 8: How to disable the favicon in a Drupal 7 theme
›Section 10: How to disable the site slogan in a Drupal 7 theme
Support Center LoginOur Login page has moved, Click the button below to be taken to the login page.
Social Media Login
Working with themes in Drupal 7
2015-12-08 2:18 am
This was realy helpful for me.. Thank you very much