Joomla 2.5 has reached its end of life as for 12/31/2014. Please be advised this may be a security risk to your website. You can view more information about the end of life here.
In previous articles, we covered Joomla 2.5 ACL Basics and learned about core permissions. We also created a user group labeled Teachers for our fictitious school website. In this tutorial, we will cover how to change core permissions a user group has to an article category.
Changing user permissions for an article category in Joomla 2.5:
- Log into your Joomla Dashboard
- Open for edit the Category you want to change.
To do this, in the top menu, hover over Content and click Category Manager. Then, find and click on a category.
- Scroll down the page until you see the Category Permissions section, and then click to expand your user group. In this example, we will click on Teachers
- After expanding the Teachers user group, you can see from our screenshot below that Teachers can create and edit content, but they cannot delete content. If you would like Teachers to be able to delete content, under Select New Setting, change the value from Inherited to Allow.
- In the top right menu, click Save. If you review the Teachers user group settings at the bottom of the page again, you will see they now have access to Delete.