If you are an InMotion Hosting customer and your account has been suspended, the page you’re probably looking for is our Account Suspensions page.
WHM allows you to suspend / unsuspend accounts. This is typically only used when an account you manage reaches a delinquent billing status or is abusing resources on the server. When you suspend an account, traffic to the websites on the cPanel account in question will be redirected to a generic account suspension page. When the account is then unsuspended, this redirect will be removed automatically.
To Suspend or Unsuspend an account:
Both Suspending and Unsuspending an account are managed from within the same place in WHM. To suspend / unsuspend an account:
- Log into your WHM.
- Click Manage Account Suspensions under Account Functions in the left menu of WHM.
- Select the account in question by clicking on either the username or the main domain on the account. If you are suspending an account, you can place a note in the box to help remember why it was suspended.
- Click on either Suspend or Unsuspend.
Further cPanel Reading
Be sure to check out these other cPanel and WHM resources from the support center:
- Using a Custom Suspension Page
- How to create a new cPanel account
- How to modify a cPanel account
- How to create a hosting package in WHM
Congratulations, now you know how to suspend or un-suspend an account!