This tutorial explains how to import a program into Softaculous. This is good to know if you have manually installed a program available through Softaculous applications and want to use Softaculous management tools like backup, restore, clone, etc.
You can also import programs installed using Softaculous.
How to Import Programs Into Softaculous
- Log in to your cPanel.
- Go to Software > Softaculous.
- Click All installations in the upper-right corner if you want to see what you have already installed.
- Choose the program you want to import. In this example we’re using a WordPress installation manually installed on our server.
- Click Import in the upper-right corner.
- Type the location of your manual installation. In this example, our WordPress files are in a directory called WordPress.
- Click Import.
Softaculous will now install all the necessary files. Under All installations you should now see your WordPress installation as if you had installed it through Softaculous.