Now that you know what the Constant Contact plugin is and how to install it, we will show you how to create your first WordPress Form. Then, you can add the form to your site with a shortcode. Next thing you know, you’ll be collecting feedback and user information submitted to you from your custom form. A default form will look like this but can be customized:
Create WordPress Form
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- Click the Contact Form link in the navigation menu, then click Add New Form.
- Enter a name for your form, such as “Provide Feedback”.
- Enter a description for your form in the available field.
- Fill in your form options as needed. Below is a description of the available settings:
Setting Description Button text Enter the label that you want on the button. Success Message What you enter here will display after someone submits the form. Redirect URL Users will be sent to this URL after submitting the form. No page refresh Check this box if you do not want to use the Redirect URL option. Spam Error Message Enter the text that you want to be displayed if someone’s message is flagged as spam.
- In the Form Fields section, it will already have an Email option. Click the Add Another Field button if you want to collect additional information. Options are first name, last name, phone number, address, job title, company, website, custom text field, and custom text area.
- If you add more fields, you can click the move up and move down buttons to reorder them.
- Emails will be sent to the Admin address by default. If you want other addresses to receive them, enter them in the Email destination section to the right.
- In the Form design section, you can select your color and font options.
- The Input Design section lets you set the form padding and label placement.
- Click the Publish button to save your site.
- You will then be provided with a shortcode. It may look similar to this:
Copy & Paste this into a Page or Post to add the form to your site.
Now, you know how to use the Constant Contact plugin to add a form to your WordPress website. You can now start building your email campaign or collecting user information.