Do you need an image gallery for your site, but most of your visitors are on mobile? Making the gallery look just right on a phone or tablet can be troublesome since most are designed for larger monitors.
Luckily there’s a photo gallery plugin that is designed to be displayed on mobile devices. Photo Gallery by 10Web is designed to resize images automatically so they look clean on most phones and smaller screens.
So, follow along and we’ll show you how to add a mobile-friendly gallery to your WordPress website.
(This article assumes you have a live WordPress website. Not quite there yet? That’s okay! We can get you up and running with WordPress Hosting.)
Install Photo Gallery by 10Web
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- Click Plugins then Add New.
- Type ‘photo gallery’ in the search field.
- You will see Photo Gallery by 10Web listed, click the Install Now button.
- Once it has been installed, click the Activate button.
Adding a Mobile Friendly Gallery
Now that the Photo Gallery plugin is intalled, we’ll show you how to add a gallery to your site.
- In your WordPress Dashboard, click the Photo Gallery link.
- Click the Add New button.
- Enter a name in the “Gallery Title” field.
- Click the Add button to use a Preview Image.
- Click the Add Images link to upload new photos. You can select the file location, or drag & drop the images into the Dashboard to add them.
- Once the images have been uploaded, click the Select All button then the Add selected images to gallery button.
- Click the Publish button to create the gallery. You will see a message stating “Item successfully saved.”
- To add the gallery block to WordPress, edit a Page or Post. Then, click the plus sign with a circle around it and choosing the Photo Gallery option.
- Select the gallery and display type from the next menu and click the Insert into post button.
Now you know how to add an image gallery to your WordPress site, that will also look good on mobile devices. For further reading, see our WordPress Education Channel.