If you find a theme via the internet you can easily install it using your WordPress dashboard. You will need to download the theme to your local computer and then proceed to upload it.
Installing a Theme Manually in WordPress
- Search for and download a theme from the WordPress.org. Typically, it will be a compressed file either in .zip or tar.gz format.
- Log into your WordPress website directly or from Softaculous.
- Once logged into your Dashboard, click Appearance, then Themes.
- Select Add New Theme.
- Click Upload Theme.
- Click on the Browse button and find the file you saved on your computer. Once you have located the zip file, click Open and then Install Now.
- Your new theme may take a few minutes to upload. Once the upload process is complete you will see the following screen. Click Preview to preview how your website will look with the new theme, or click Activate to enable the theme publicly.
Please check the next article on Changing your WordPress Theme. If you missed our previous article, please see the Finding a new theme online tutorial. For more information on this course please visit Installing a Theme.