How to Install your First BoldGrid Site
- Login to the Dashboard
- Click on Inspirations.
- Select if you want to install an Active site or a Staging site. Below is a description of the options.
Actve Site An Active site is the website that everyone sees when click on on your domain name. Changes made to an Active site are immediately available to be see on the public-facing website. Staging Site A Staging site is a website is used for creating a site that will eventually be active. This allows you to create a website that no one will see until you have finished creating it.
- Next, you will need to select the Category that you will use to build your site. When you click on the category, you will see a check mark appear. Click on the button labeled Select to proceed.
- On the next screen roll your mouse over the design you want to use, then click the Select button. You will also see a line labeled Coin Budget. BoldGrid Coins or Coins for short, are the unit of currency used to purchase licensed content. (The Coin Budget goes up to 80 coins, though you can always purchase more in the Transactions menu. The Coin Budget allows you to sort through the available designs that are near your selected budget. You can also click on Show All or Free).
- When you click on the design you intend to use, you will then be asked to choose the Page Set for that design. There are two default page sets for every theme: Base and Kitchen Sink. There may be other options depending on the chosen theme.
Base – standard page set with the most common pages
Kitchen Sink – all of the pages included with the category. You can customize pages as needed.
Choose the Page Set that you want so use and then click on Select to proceed.
- At the far right of the page, click on Select in order to finalize the design and page set that you have selected. You can also click on Preview in order to preview the design.
- At this point, you are given a small window which congratulates you on having completed the beginning steps for creating your website with BoldGrid. This is the last screen before it commits the design that you have selected. Click on Install this website to complete the Inspiration installation.
- Once the installation is completed you will see a few paragraphs of text explaining the next phase in the development of your website: Customization. Click on Continue to your Dashboard in order to start making custom changes to your website.
That completes the loading of your first BoldGrid site. Step 1 allows you to select a Staging option if it is available to you. The main difference with working in the Staging environment is that anyone viewing your domain URL will not see the changes that you have made to the website until you have deployed the website. As the administrator, you can always view the Staging site using the provided BoldGrid interfaces.