In this article:
- Installing The BoldGrid Post and Page Builder Plugin
- Setting Up The BoldGrid Post and Page Builder
- Using The BoldGrid Post Builder
WordPress is popular for many reasons, and one of the reasons is because it’s easy to create a nice-looking website without any experience in doing so. An important characteristic of any neat website is the organization of the content. Whether you’re in the beginning phases of creating your first WordPress website or if you have an existing one that needs an update, the BoldGrid Page Builder can help. This article explains how to install it and set it up and also how to use it.
Installing The BoldGrid Post and Page Builder Plugin
The BoldGrid Post Builder and Page Builder plugin has a free version available to install. If you’re familiar with installing other plugins on WordPress, this process should be familiar to you:
- On the Dashboard, find Plugins and then select Add New.
- Click Upload Plugin and browse the options to find the BoldGrid plugin.
- Click Install Now and then Activate.
If you wish to use the BoldGrid premium extension to take advantage of the additional features it offers:
- Create an account and login to BoldGrid Central.
- In the Manage My Account section, click Download Plugins.
- From the list of plugins displayed, download the BoldGrid Post and Page Builder Premium.
- At this point, follow the steps 1-3 as outlined above in the instructions for installing the free version.
Setting Up The BoldGrid Post and Page Builder
You could use the default settings the plugin provides, but it’s recommended to customize them according to your preferences. After you’ve completed the installation steps outlined above:
- Choose to Edit or Create a page or a post.
- When a notification pops up, select Okay, Let’s Go!
- Choose your preferred editor for Pages and Posts from the dropdown box.
- Click Next Step and then choose your preferred default template.
- Click Next Step and then you can click the BoldGrid Post & Page Builder link for any guides or support.
Using The BoldGrid Post Builder
Now that you’ve got the BoldGrid Post Builder and Page Builder installed and set up, it’s time to make the most of it. When you have great content on your website, organizing and displaying it appropriately will take it to the next level. With the BoldGrid Post and Page Builder, you can:
- Organize Content – you can do this by sections, rows, columns, and elements to fully customize the way it’s organized. By selecting the Edit button, you will see various tasks you can complete with your content, including cloning, deleting, toggling the width of a section, moving the text up or down, adding an empty section, changing the background and more.
- Move Sections – entire sections of content can be moved to another location easily. Use either the Section Toolbar Drag Button or the Section Edit Menu to do this until you have all of your content exactly where you want it.
- Add Images – you can search for stock images to purchase or browse photos from your computer and add them to your website. Inserting an image is simple and you can place it wherever it is appropriate and make adjustments as needed.
Congratulations! You are now ready to make the most of the BoldGrid Page Builder and Post Builder. These easy to use tools will help you keep your presentation professional while keeping your behind-the-scenes work simple and fast.
Get the most out of your BoldGrid design tools with one of InMotion’s WordPress Hosting plans!