When managing a server it is good to be able to allow your customer’s sites to grow. One of the things you may experience is customers wanting to move addon domains to another cPanel. This gives them a completely separate account from the original cPanel. In this guide, we will show you how to convert an Addon domain to an account in WHM. If you need a new domain name for this account you can register it in AMP.
Note that cPanel creation is no longer unlimited. For more information, please see cPanel Pricing Changes. You can see the pricing that now applies to cPanel licenses. To learn more about the change, please see our FAQ on cPanel Pricing.
Convert Addon Domain to Account
- Log into WHM as the ‘root‘ user.
- Type ‘convert’ in the search field.
- Click Convert Addon Domain to Account under the Transfers section.
- You will see a list of all subdomains on your server. Click the Convert link next to the addon domain you want to convert to a cPanel.
- You can then configure the account settings, website configuration, custom DNS records, Email, MySQL Databases, and Subaccounts.
- After choosing your account settings click the Start Conversion button. The conversion will then begin, you are finished when you see a message stating “The conversion of the domain succeeded.”
Congratulations, now you know how to convert an Addon domain to an account in WHM! Now, that site will have its own cPanel account.