ICANN domain transfer policies have changed as of 1 December 2016. Updates to whois information are considered a change of ownership and may warrant a 60-day transfer lock.
You are able to manage your domains that have been registered through InMotion Hosting in your Account Management Panel (or AMP). Any changes made in your registration details will show in the information that displays on a WHOIS lookup on your domain.
Important. If you are intending to transfer the domain at any point in the next few months, changes made in the first name, last name, organization name, or administrative email address are considered a change of ownership and may place a 60-day transfer lock on the domain. Read the ICANN transfer policy updates article linked above for more information.
Changing your domain information
- Log into your AMP interface.
- In the main menu, move your mouse over Domains and click Manage domains.
- Next, select the domain that you want to change the WHOIS information for, by clicking on its name.
- Then click on the link labeled Review or change your registration details?
- You are taken to a page that allows you to change the email address, address, and phone number of the domain. Click Edit by the section you want to change and fill in the new information.
- Once the new information is added, click on the Submit button to save it.
Changes to your account can take up to 24 hours before updating in a WHOIS search. Remember that any information you change for your domain must remain accurate. If you want to hide your personal information then you can purchase domain privacy for your domain. For more information on Domain Privacy, please read the knowledge base article, Private Domain Registration.