InMotion Hosting Support Center

I would like to transfer a domain from inmotion to another provider, I need an authorisation code to do this. How can I get the auth code?

2011-10-31 3:00 pm EST

Hits: 11,810
I cancelled a package and would now like to transfer the domain name I own. How do I get an Authorisation code?

You must login before you can ask a follow up question.

You must login before you can submit an answer.

Best answer chosen by User


Tim S
13,821 Points
2011-10-31 3:45 pm EST
Hi mark0810,

Thanks for posting your question. I'm sorry to hear you cancelled your hosting package. You will need to contact our support department, and they can release the domain to your control. Once the domain has been released to you, you then will be a direct customer or MelbourneIT. You will need to contact MelbourneIT, to provide you with an authorization code, which in turn you will provide your new registrar.

I hope this helps! If you need further assistance please feel free to contact us. You can email to release the domain. In the email you will need to verify your account with the current AMP password or the last four digits on the credit on file.


Tim S

You must login before you can post a comment about this answer.

Like this Question?

Need more Help?


Ask the Community!

Get help with your questions from our community of like-minded hosting users and InMotion Hosting Staff.

Current Customers

Chat: Click to Chat Now E-mail:
Call: 888-321-HOST (4678) Ticket: Submit a Support Ticket

Not a Customer?

Get web hosting from a company that is here to help. Sign up today!