How do I publish to an addon domain with iWeb?
When you are publishing with iWeb to an addon domain, the steps are very similar to the steps we have listed here:
<a href='http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/website/iweb/publish-iweb' target='_new'>How to publish with iWeb</a>
When publishing to an addon domain, you'll need to adjust these two settings:
- <strong>Site name</strong>
The first thing you need to do is determine the document root for your addon domain. If your addon domain name is DomainB.com, usually the document root is:
You can confirm what your document root is however by:
1. <a href='http://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/cpanel/getting-started-cpanel/how-to-log-into-cpanel' target='_blank'>Logging into cPanel</a>
2. Click "Addon Domains"
3. In the table at the bottom of the page, the document root is listed next to each addon domain.
After you know the document root, remove "public_html" from the path, and this will be your new <strong>Site name</strong>.
So, if your addon domain is DomainB.com and its document root is public_html/domainb.com, use the following settings:
- <strong>Site name</strong>: domain2.com
- <strong>Directory/Path</strong>: public_html
I hope this helps! Let us know if you need any additional assistance, we're more than happy to help.
Like this Question? Tweet